Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

question about tamiflu medication.. is it an injection or liquid or capsules????

(5 Posts)
MaggieBeBold Mon 20-Jul-09 16:30:14

what is it? and how would you get a small child to take it. My son won't even take calpol....

It hasn't really hit Ireland yet, hence my seemingly stupid questions. I don't know anybody with it, and nobody's really talking about it here, but I want to be prepared. I bought a digital thermometre and 2 huge bottles of calpol in case the pharmacies run out. I also bought garlic capsules Vit c, and echinacea for myself and immune boosting vitamins for the children. I know it won't stop us getting it, but maybe it won't hit us so hard.

cocolepew Mon 20-Jul-09 16:31:50

It's capsules, but you can get it in liquid form for small chilfren.

cocolepew Mon 20-Jul-09 16:32:05

d

MaggieBeBold Mon 20-Jul-09 16:33:53

Thanks...

Have any pharamacies in the UK 'run out'? I don't suppose that would be reported though!

maxbear Mon 20-Jul-09 19:31:56

My son had it as a precaution as he had a high temp that didn't seem to be getting better. You can just break the capsule over some ice cream or jam on toast or something. He took them all really well until the last one when we forgot and he had already had most of his dinner so we had to be a bit more ingenious! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now