Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tamiflu and itchy!

(7 Posts)
Julezboo Mon 20-Jul-09 10:49:41

I started on Tamiflu yesterday, besides feeling worse I am also itchy beyond belief, I am covered in scratches from all the itching and have come up in blisters on my fingers? Should I stop taking it you think or persevere through it?

HeadFairy Mon 20-Jul-09 10:50:44

Have you called your gp or NHS Direct? It could be a possible allergic reaction? Do you have some piriton or something you can take to see if it eases the itching? If it does then I'd say it was an allergic reaction.

Julezboo Mon 20-Jul-09 10:51:31

I dont have any in the house, home alone today as well but will get DH to bring some home... Thanks

HeadFairy Mon 20-Jul-09 10:54:08

I'd definitely try and speak to someone though, I'm not sure if the people manning the swine flu hotline are medically trained, but the people at NHS Direct definitely are so they may give you better advice (though they are saying they are only taking emergency calls at the moment). Our GPs accept telephone consultations during certain hours, perhaps yours do something similar, so you can have a chat and see if they are concerned.

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 20-Jul-09 13:02:01

You need to talk to your gp! Even if all they say is don't take it and have some antihistamines side effects like that should def be reported.

Julezboo Mon 20-Jul-09 13:12:55

Still trying to get through to someone... GP's surgery is useless though.

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 20-Jul-09 21:02:41

How are you doing now? (hopefully not still on hold!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now