Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how long?

(10 Posts)
hamstring Sun 19-Jul-09 23:31:43

Yesterday i posted on here after suddenly feeling shivery ,followed by feeling hot ,temp went up to 38.8 and a fuzzy head.Had paracetamol went to bed and felt fine today.Does this sound like a bug or could it be a very quick dose of sf.

hamstring Sun 19-Jul-09 23:32:24

woops!!!!

PurpleOne Mon 20-Jul-09 05:24:34

see how you feel tomorrow.

im still feelng shitty nearly a week on.

did it happen quickly? that seems to be a common symptom along with quick onset of fever, sore throat, cough etc

LUCIA22 Mon 20-Jul-09 07:29:37

hamstring- I had exactly the same thing. Freezing cold then a high temp and the next day almost back to normal. I have had a sore throat for a few days but nothing more than that. I think it might be sf as the sudden high temp is a typical symptom.

hamstring Mon 20-Jul-09 09:16:36

it did happen quickly but also went quickly.
I had no symptoms the next day and have been looking online to see if there are any other cases diagnosed that were so mild

thegrammerpolice Mon 20-Jul-09 23:11:21

Maybe some people fight it off quickly?

whomovedmychocolate Mon 20-Jul-09 23:20:46

We were ahem diagnosed by phone and email on Friday with swine flu - Saturday we were all fine and bouncing round the house wondering why we were quarantined for something so obviously not swine flu. hmm

I'm starting to think perhaps swine flu doesn't really exist and it's a figment of the media's imagination combined with the usual bugs going round (some of which can be quite nasty I agree).

Tummum Tue 21-Jul-09 08:10:37

Similar thing here. DD2 has had cough and sore throat for a couple of days and last night sudddenly temp went up to 41. We were diagnosed with sf over the phone and got a script for tamiflu but this morning she is bouncing about and demanding breakfast. I have no idea whether it is sf or not and whether to avoid other children for a bit (I probably will just in case).

babyhouse Tue 21-Jul-09 11:04:26

Same thing here really Tummum, my 4 yr old DD had sore throat and cough Fri and Sat then Sunday temp went up to 40, temp still up & vomiting yesterday so Doc gave tamiflu, I expected a long haul....Today she is happy as anything, ravenous and nursing her babies through it!
Maybe some people bounce back quicker than others?

MovingOutOfBlighty Tue 21-Jul-09 11:06:06

Same here - temp to 38 one day, next day felt a bit crap
Today, feel like a fraud as only tiny bit crap feeling.

Still, I get to lounge on the sofa as kids at nursery and not allowed to go to work!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now