Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Unsure, What to do? Dd and Ds 2 & 3yo

(12 Posts)
Claire2009 Sun 19-Jul-09 21:31:51

Runny nose
Loss of appetite (not eating chocolate either hmm)
Cough, which isn't improving and has arrived pretty sudden

No temp at all.

Dd is 3.5yo
Ds is 2.3yo

I feel fine, tired but that's normal for me. These are their symptoms, is it wise for me to send Dd to playschool tomorrow?

They are both in pretty good form, not unusually moany/whingey/different.

I just done the Swine Flu checker thingy and it says to contact the Gp/out of hours doc for advice hmm

Should I? I'm one not to worry/panic but also I don't want to put other children at risk if Dd/Ds do have it?!

This is confusing!

GlastonburyGoddess Sun 19-Jul-09 21:33:03

personally if they havent got a temp, id send them

Claire2009 Sun 19-Jul-09 21:42:31

So is that checker thingy not very reliable?

Very confusing, I don't want to waste anyone's time by calling and being told they've got colds.

dinny Sun 19-Jul-09 21:47:29

no, wouldn't send a child with any cold/flu symptoms in at the moment

dinny Sun 19-Jul-09 21:48:16

what is mild for them could be dangerous for vulnerable adults/children

OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 19-Jul-09 21:49:53

checker is rubbish. But if you have a choice, might be better not to send them in only for everyones peace of mind.

Claire2009 Sun 19-Jul-09 21:57:03

Is it worth me calling the emerg doc to see what he/she says?

Hulababy Sun 19-Jul-09 21:59:02

You don't need a temp for SF. Have known more than one person who was swabbed and confirmed as SF despite no temp.

As they do have flu like symptoms I would keep them home tomorrow.

Claire2009 Sun 19-Jul-09 22:45:40

Just off phone from Gp. He says he can tell me just via the phone that she does not have swine flu, she'd been drained, literally unable to get up and have a temp too. She just has a cold/sniffle but if anything else happens to get back in touch.

I'm happy with that, she has a runny nose, dry cough, loss of appetite, but is in fine form other than that!

GP also said, he's yet to hear from anyone that has been confirmed with swine flu via swabs, it's coming back unconfirmed and most of whats going around are normal flu/colds..!?!

He said with the symptoms she has to send her in and carry on as normal. She breaks up on Weds so only has mon and weds morning.

Ewe Sun 19-Jul-09 22:50:35

My GP told me no temp=no SF. Not sure I believe her but interesting to know yours said the same.

Julezboo Mon 20-Jul-09 08:37:18

Just for info girls I have been diagnosed with SF and have had no temp until I started taking tamiflu

Hope your DD is better soon x

Ewe Mon 20-Jul-09 10:12:18

Thanks Julez, hope you are feeling better soon too.

My DD has come out in a viral rash now and was sick last night so I am definitely not convinced by GP now. She is still perfectly happy playing and pottering about though.

Guess I will never know! Wish someone could invent brethalyser strips that identify viruses, that would be ever so helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now