Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

High temp but now feel ok, do I have to stay in?

(2 Posts)
LUCIA22 Sun 19-Jul-09 21:24:42

On Thursday I suddenly developed a temp of 39 degrees and felt terrible. Just went to bed and slept, the next day temp had gone and just felt tired with a sore throat which is pretty much how I have been all weekend, no coughing or sneezing. I put it down to a minor virus but from reading about the symptoms I now wonder if it is swine flu. Was due to visit a friend with a new baby at weekend but cancelled so as not to pass anything on but have been out at the weekend as didnt really feel ill. Have a 2yr old DD and a 4 month old DS, I can avoid close contact with people, visiting friends etc but need to do shopping tomorrow. Really confused as I dont feel ill enough to stay at home, and havent had + diagnosis. It seems like drs are telling anyone that calls with slight symptoms that they have swine flu just to be on the safe side.

Umlellala Sun 19-Jul-09 21:39:12

Sounds similar to dh who has been told it is swine flu. He looked rotten yesterday though (and had v high temperatures) - feeling better today. Am guessing the contagious part is over anyway.

Glad you're feeling better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now