Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Its a dull but important one...is 38 degrees a temperature?

(8 Posts)
MovingOutOfBlighty Sun 19-Jul-09 18:30:29

Suddently today have a headache, bit achey, and a temperature of 38 degrees.

I've felt worse in my life (for example after seeing Camp Rock I felt very queasy) but don't feel terribly special either. Been riding the sofa all afternoon.

Don't want to make a big fuss if I do but I have asthma as well. DH needs to work at a hospital and although he doesn't have any signs of it will he need to not go in?

oysterpots Sun 19-Jul-09 18:31:53

According to my GP, temperature of 38 or more is a big indicator of SF.

Don't know about your DH though, sorry.

MovingOutOfBlighty Sun 19-Jul-09 18:33:11

Thanks oyster. Oh dear. Looks like a Tamiflu cocktail for me then....

popsycal Sun 19-Jul-09 18:40:53

have all swine flu symptoms bar the fever - doc on phone says if any of us hit 38 then to ring straight back as ds2 has asthma and ds3 is 10 months with recurring chest infections.

So far, so good...

pippibluestocking Sun 19-Jul-09 18:42:36

People should only isolate themselves if they have symptoms, so fine for DH to go to work.

MovingOutOfBlighty Sun 19-Jul-09 18:42:54

Ah, right Popsycal. Hope you are all ok. Worried about my DS as well as also has asthma. Rubbish virus.

It is currently hovering at 37.8. So will hold off for now.

madamy Sun 19-Jul-09 18:44:07

I work at hospital and we are fine to go in so long as we don't have symptoms, even if rest of household got it! Temp of 38 is getting there but we are naturally warmer at this time of day. Remember that if you have any paracetamol or brufen, they lower your temp.

MovingOutOfBlighty Sun 19-Jul-09 18:44:13

Thank you pippi - mind at rest now. He really loves his work and doesn't want to not go in. Having said that - if I feel any more crapola tomorrow may need him home looking after the dcs anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now