Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dr diagnosed swine flu - to what extent should I go into quarantine?

(6 Posts)
KERALA1 Sun 19-Jul-09 18:17:59

Dr diagnosed my 9 month old with swine flu on Saturday though he didnt test for it so am unsure as to how he can be so certain she has it. She seemed to have a cold then went floppy, sleepy, listless, vomited and turned green. She seems fine today though and is eating and rolling around as normal. She is taking tamiflu.

To what extent should I quarantine us and her 3 year old sister? No toddler groups but what about the park if we stay away from others. What about shopping - should DH go to work? Could get ridiculous and not even certain she has it. Anyone else in this position?

devotion Sun 19-Jul-09 19:55:27

Hello

You are supposed to isolate yourself for fove days. So no going out and staying at home.

Hope she gets better soon.

Take care

BlameItOnTheBogey Sun 19-Jul-09 19:59:41

Sorry your daughter is ill. The advice is that if you have been diagnosed then you shouldn't go out for 5 days. Please don't e.g. go to the park. She will be carrying the virus e.g. on her hands and doing so will risk transferring it to others. I'm particularly stressy about this at the moment because am pregnant so a high risk group. I hope that people do heed to advice and don't decide it doesn't apply to them

Hope she feels better soon.

sceptic Sun 19-Jul-09 20:01:50

If DH is fine, he should go to work.

Quarantine is only for affected persons, not secondaries.

LUCIA22 Sun 19-Jul-09 22:02:34

On a similar note, I think I might have sf but havent been diagnosed. Only remaining symptom is sore throat and tomorrow will be day five after first symptoms so although i am planning on avoiding pregnant friend I will probably have to carry on as normal with everything else. Should I keep dd away from nursery on Wednesday or let them know that i have it?

SolidGoldBrass Mon 20-Jul-09 22:33:43

What happens if you don't obey the quarantine? Will they come round and board you into your house and paint a big red X on the door?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now