Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Don't think it is but NHS online says so

(4 Posts)
Bakersman Sun 19-Jul-09 15:17:17

On Friday evening I started feeling rough,had a temperature of between 37.4-38.8 with achy limbs and a very slight sore throat. I spent most of yesterday in bed. Today the achy feeling has gone and I feel much better apart from a sore throat and I still have a highish temp (upto 38).
The NHS online symptom tracker says its swine flu but I don't think it could be - I was always well enough to get that proverbial £20 from outside iyswim!
Should I stay home for a few days or just get on with life once the temp has gone?
I haven't knowingly mixed with anyone with swine flu but it is around locally.

LIZS Sun 19-Jul-09 15:34:27

Thge tracker doesn't say you have sf just to call a doctor to diagnose if it is (and even then it may not be correct sicne they can't judge you persoanlly)- said the same to me but haven't called as too late for tamiflu(needs to be taken within maximum of a day or two of first symptoms) and not sure I'd consider it worth the aggravation just perhaps to get me over whatever it is a day sooner. Once your symptoms have gone you should be fine either way to carry on.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 19-Jul-09 17:00:26

I think I read the advice is to stay at home until 24 hours with no fever (unmedicated)

hamstring Sun 19-Jul-09 23:12:19

i had something similar yesterday, began with feeling shivery then temp of 38.7 , a hot feeling head took some paracetomol and next day fine - I was hoping I might have had a mild dose but this seems wishful thinking. Did try to contact dr and nhs direct for advice but couldnt get through

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now