Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS has achey arms/legs/neck, headache, sore throat - but no fever

(7 Posts)
violetismygirl Sun 19-Jul-09 11:35:13

DS's best friend had suspected swine flu (including temp) last weekend and had tamiflu. DS (10) sat next to him at school all week. There are also many other children at his school with suspected swine flu.

DS has had the above symptoms for 2 days and has stayed in bed. He started with a very low down tummy ache which caused him some pain and tears. He is not very poorly and has been on the computer a lot of the time, also complaining of being bored which is a good sign. He looked very red and dark around his eyes just before and for the first day but that looks a lot better now. He has no temp whatsoever. He wasn't faking it as he had to miss school sports day which he was gutted about.

Do you think this could be mild swine flu? Don't know whether to send him to school tomorrow or just keep him off now.

mrsmaidamess Sun 19-Jul-09 11:43:10

Keep him off. It's nearly the end of term.

violetismygirl Sun 19-Jul-09 12:11:16

mrsmaidamess - yes not worth passing anything around to the other kids seeing as there's only 2 days of school left, also if it's not swine flu then quite likely to catch it.

Anyone else?

OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 19-Jul-09 12:17:14

I agree, if its not flu, then its still something that for the sake of two days is probably best to let him recover from fully.

Ledodgy Sun 19-Jul-09 12:17:27

There was a NY Times article stating that CDC have agreed that you can get SF without having a temp. I think several mnetters have tested positive without temps too.

violetismygirl Sun 19-Jul-09 12:38:14

Ledodgy - that's interesting, I wish they were still doing swab testing and then I'd know for sure.

LouMacca Sun 19-Jul-09 12:47:57

Hi. My DD has been given tamiflu today. I phoned NHS direct with her symptoms which are sore throat, a sudden hacking cough, runny nose and feeling tired but she does not have a fever.

Her twin brother does not have any symptoms but I have decided to keep him off school for the sake of a couple of days and also to put other peoples minds at rest too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now