Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can you have Tamiflu more than once?

(8 Posts)
listenglisten Sun 19-Jul-09 11:01:21

I'm just wondering as my niece has just been diagnosed with Swine Flu and prescribed Tamiflu (she is 3.5)

Her symptoms are high temp of 39.5 which has coem down with Calpol, runny nose and slight cough. Has been feeling a bit sick but not actually vomited.

If this isn't SF and she does go on to get it proper, can she take more Tamiflu? I guess this is the case for lots of others too.

hazeyjane Sun 19-Jul-09 13:25:55

Bump, I'm curious about this too!

Surely if they aren't confirming cases, then 'at risk' groups could end up having tons of tamiflu, which can't be great surely?

purepurple Sun 19-Jul-09 13:36:22

I think you can only have it once

littlerach Sun 19-Jul-09 13:42:40

The nurse told me that at the m,oment they don't know if you can take it more than once.

One of the reasons I didn't get any for dd2.

sarah293 Sun 19-Jul-09 13:42:46

Message withdrawn

DarrellRivers Sun 19-Jul-09 13:49:34

But are there enough stocks to have more than once?
<introduces slightly paranoid thought>

Elibean Sun 19-Jul-09 14:11:41

I can't see why not, as Riven says. Stocks is another issue...but presumably not that many people would need it more than once anyway?

Flgihtattendant Sun 19-Jul-09 14:15:20

Apparently it's not much use unl;ess taken pretty much as soon as you start getting ill. So you could save it for next time, and see how she goes without it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now