Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has all elective surgery been quietly cancelled?

(5 Posts)
whomovedmychocolate Sun 19-Jul-09 10:01:53

DH is due to have a snip and I'm due to have some minor surgery - both of us has heard nothing and when we chased it up were told someone would come back to us. A week ago. Seems a bit of an odd coincidence given that it's two different hospitals in the area and using different GPs for referral.

Anyone else had the same thing? I'm a tad worried I'll end up getting pregnant because of swine flu shock

Elibean Sun 19-Jul-09 11:02:46

I can see the headline now grin

Seriously though, would imagine there are delays in elective surgery atm - same as there are in winter months. Hope you hear soon.

squeakywheel Sun 19-Jul-09 12:49:11

If cases continue to rise then elective surgery will be postponed but I don't think they've moved up to that level yet.

www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jul/14/swine-flu-alert-nhs has something about it from about halfway down.

lubblyjubblies Sun 19-Jul-09 14:51:23

Sure it is just coincidence.
Within my trust all elective surgery is as planned. We do have documentation saying elective non urgent procedures may be cancelled to free up staff to care for increased numbers of patients requiring ITU beds, but we are no where near that point. We currently have no swine flu patients in ITU or HDU, and friends working in nearby trusts say the same.

whomovedmychocolate Sun 19-Jul-09 21:02:33

DH reckons it can't be that since it's been five months and SF has only been around for four (is it four - it seems like forever). I guess my PCT is just a bit slack grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now