Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

cough, sore throat, sneezing but no fever - what would you do>?

(14 Posts)
popsycal Sun 19-Jul-09 08:00:06

me, ds1 (7), ds2 (4.5 and asthmatic) and ds3 (10 months and repeated chest infections)

None of us have a fever but are coughing, and sneezing. ds1 and 3 have streaming noses. They are more subdued and slept longer than normal but are not really ill.

Do we go about things as normal?

littleboyblue Sun 19-Jul-09 08:03:17

I would. I had a telephone consultation with my gp the other day and she said it was not swine flu if there was not a temperature. I think d&v is also another big symptom.
I personally would carry on as normal, but be aware of the fact that if you are all battling little colds etc, your immune system will be lower at the moment.

HollyBunda Sun 19-Jul-09 08:06:00

keep calm and carry on.

LIZS Sun 19-Jul-09 08:08:20

There's lots of contradictory info - you don't necessarily need a fever, or sickness/diaorrhea to have symptoms caused by sf virus but other infections present similarly. If they are well enough to carry on chances are they don't have it.

tillyfernackerpants Sun 19-Jul-09 08:55:40

Ds1 has the same symptoms as your dc's, I used the symptom checker which advised to treat at home, and to call GP if it got worse.

LeninGrad Sun 19-Jul-09 08:58:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cloudspotter Sun 19-Jul-09 09:00:58

I have got similar. I think it is a summer cold. No D&V, no extreme fever. I am achy, but able to carry on with normal life.

I suspect that hindsight will make us all realise that there was a summer cold going round as well as the demon flu!

Even before it broke, there was a cold going round our office, and I am convinced that is what I have now got.

makedoandmend Sun 19-Jul-09 09:37:09

Same symptoms here - the only thing I'm avoiding is a meet up with the NCT lot today as planned - there will be eight 6/7mo babies and it's not worth the risk. However, we do need to get some Calpol in case lo goes down with it so will have to go out.

MarshaBrady Sun 19-Jul-09 09:49:09

Yes same symptoms here, I think it's a cold. A home test would be handy round about now.

LeninGrad did you ring NHS direct or gp etc? (am pg too).

LeninGrad Sun 19-Jul-09 09:53:21

tryingtobemarypoppins Sun 19-Jul-09 10:04:59

Really? D&V??? I am 10 weeks pregnant. Been very sick all day everyday for 2 weeks, less so before hand, then had very upset tummy as well. Totally washed out, weak etc.

I never assumed this could be swine flu?????

popsycal Sun 19-Jul-09 10:11:25

am calm but ds1 was supposed to be going to a party and ds2 and I were goignt to cinema
rang gp who said it could be the start but high fever not ALWAYS necessary.
Said if anyone develops fever esp ds2 and ds3 to ring back and they will send doc to assess

but to stay at home as precaution for next 24 hoursz

LeninGrad Sun 19-Jul-09 10:14:47

popsycal Sun 19-Jul-09 11:21:29

dh is back from shops after stock piling calpol and nurofen

we are having a dvd day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now