Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

swine flu no temp?

(7 Posts)
tatty33 Sat 18-Jul-09 20:38:25

Hi,

I have read a few threads, but still trying to establisg if there is no temp does that mean it def isn't sf?

So worried about my ds who is only 2 and has already been in intensive care twice with breathing problems. has had runny nose for 3 days, and started coughing today ( so getting more worried) my 2 calls to GP and out of hours say if no temp no sf.

Lastly, even though his temp is only around 36 he feels warmer than usual..but that could be me panicking.

ramble over!

thanks

pollywobbledoodle Sat 18-Jul-09 20:44:30

read a thread on here that suggested that the advice had been amended and a temp wasn't necc for diagnosis any more...can't remember which thread though sorry

Jbck Sat 18-Jul-09 20:44:58

My brother was ill a couple of weeks back and his GP said no temp then it wasn't swine flu either. If you read a lot of threads on here people are saying they've got it but no temp so I don't know. Have they been confirmed?

One of the staff in DD2's nursery has it confirmed and they issued a note saying any of the dhildren with symptoms would be sent home High temp was quite far down the list.

DD2 has always got a cough and runny nose so they'll be sending her, and half of the other children, home for being snotty. grin

Hope he's feeling better.

Frizbe Sat 18-Jul-09 20:46:27

One of the threads in swine flu has a line to NY Times article stating that CDC have agreed that you can get SF without having a temp! several mnetters have tested positive without temps too, hth's.

tatty33 Sat 18-Jul-09 20:48:59

He's bearing up thanks for concern, more worried that i'll miss the window for tamiflu and, that will put him at risk of getting much iller.

oh god the anxiety...

Hulababy Sat 18-Jul-09 20:51:36

Know of two people at work, one def confirmed via swabbing, who have had SF without a high temp.

poshwellies Sat 18-Jul-09 20:54:58

My gp suggested that I have SF via the phone ,albeit mild (it doesn't feel bloody mild atm).Told me to stay indoors until I felt better and that if I had a high temperature,she would of offered me Tamiflu.

Started off with a dry tickly cough on Monday,then a very sore throat,headache,aches,full on head cold and feelings of hot and cold but with no temperature.

Generally feel like shite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now