Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

The video on the news of those women and kids with swine flu???

(8 Posts)
MadameCastafiore Sat 18-Jul-09 17:08:53

Bloody hell I get a migraine and am laid up worse than that - were they just very hard or is it as I suspected and swine flu isn't all that bad.

In which case all these people who are saying they have it need to get over it!

Sidge Sat 18-Jul-09 17:12:40

Was it the one they showed on the 10 o clock news last night? The one with 2 women sat in their lounge that coughed and laughed?

I've had worse colds!

MadameCastafiore Sat 18-Jul-09 17:14:54

Yep - pah - if that is swine flu I am a bit sad that if I get it it won;t result in a 7lb weight loss!

They looked well enough to drink wine and watch the TV and deal with the kids - which would be my 3 jobs in enforced quarantine!

sarah293 Sat 18-Jul-09 17:15:04

Message withdrawn

sarah293 Sat 18-Jul-09 17:15:20

Message withdrawn

Scrumplet Sat 18-Jul-09 22:59:35

LOL at Madame's "I am a bit sad that if I get it it won't result in a 7lb weight loss!" That was the one plus of when I last had flu, ten years ago. I have about half a stone to shift now, too. Hmm.

LynetteScavo Sat 18-Jul-09 23:04:10

I think Swine flu is affecting people differntly. I think we've had it. I had a temp and cough, anfd while I took time off work ,was still able to do the gardening, while DH was sweating, aching coughing sore ear and throat and sleeping all day and night.

PeppermintPatty Sat 18-Jul-09 23:11:49

Its oviously affecting people differently. Seeing as some people have died from it

But I think for most people it's similar to normal flu.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now