Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Should i be worried re swine flu? advise please........

(4 Posts)
99PlsAdvise Sat 18-Jul-09 14:48:23

Just need some advise - should i be worried.......

My 4 yr old dd is at my mums. yesterday as i dropped her off dd had a barking cough. Then last night about 11pm she woke up being sick in bed (mainly food) then later it was phlegmy. Mum didnt have a thermomitor but said she was cold and clammy all night. her top was damp with sweat and her soles of her feet were hot. She still has the barking cough and her breathing last night was congested. She woke up a few times last night being sick. She woke up today being a lot better but still has the barking cough and sneezing. Mum said she was nearly sick when she woke up.

Would this be a mild case of swine flu or just a cold. Should i be worried and phoning the dr??

Im at my dads and will be going over there later but mum does not have acomputer so thought i would ask you guys now before i go.

whomovedmychocolate Sat 18-Jul-09 16:51:45

You have prob gone already but phone the GP. Sounds very oinky to me! Good luck!

99PlsAdvise Sat 18-Jul-09 17:08:39

Hi, My GP is closed but am waiting (still waiting) for the out of hours to call me back.
I tried to call some of the playschool mums to see how their kids were but only got through to 1. Said the above to her and she said she has the same as my dd and it started last night also. She said its a tumy bug. A friend called and i said to them also and they said they have had the same and its a tummy bug.
Spoke to mum again and she said dd is looking much better 'Shes singing and dancing, runny about' lol oh and mum said shes coughed a few times and the barking cough is now a normal cough and the sneezing has gone.........

Just waiting for dad to take me over there (hate not driving). Lets just hope she stays better grin and sleeps well tonight grin

nickytwotimes Sat 18-Jul-09 17:14:18

Temp, vomit and a cough? That is probably SF, tbh.

Re: your playgroup friends: since when did a tummy bug make you cough?!

Sounds like she is coping well with it. Stock up on calpol, keep her cool and just keep an eye.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now