Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Obesity link to complications

(2 Posts)
RemusLupinInAWizardsuit Sat 18-Jul-09 10:07:43

Here, in New Scientist Of the people who have died (still small numbers obv) twice as many were obese. I'm not sure how obesity is being measured.

Interesting... Inflammation (causing problematic immune response) seems to be the issue. And more fat means more inflammatory response.

BlueBumedFly Sat 18-Jul-09 13:44:56

How interesting, am guessing they must be thinking about an auto immune response or similar which then poo-poos the idea that obesity is entirely food related. Would be good to see the follow-up data.

I am in bed with sf and can honestly say I did not think it would be this nasty. My throat is so sore and I have no appetite so have lost a few pounds anyway!

I am not obese but when I feel better I am going to make sure that I not only keep the few precious pounds off but I loose some more too (the healthy way of course!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now