Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pregnant, Husband has suspected swine flu, need advice, nhs 24 and direct being unhelpful.

(5 Posts)
Confuzzeled Sat 18-Jul-09 09:30:43

Okay, so dh flew back from Canada this morning, he's sitting in Heathrow. He's had flu like symptoms since Monday and feels terrible. We live in Scotland and he's meant to get the train at 1pm.

He was staying with his brother in Canada, it turns out on of his brothers work colleages has suspected swine flu. His brother is fine and he never had direct contact with this other guy.

So dh called NHS 24 and was told since he was in England he had to call NHS Direct, they told him to call his GP, which is closed on a Saturday and goes through to NHS24.

So I'm 35 weeks pregnant and all he wants to know is should he come home? He doesn't see the need to get a test done because results would take a few days anyway and he'd be better by then. Just assuming he has it, whats the risk to me?

Wigeon Sat 18-Jul-09 09:55:06

Sorry to hear your husband has succombed. Have you seen this official advice for pregnant women?

Confuzzeled Sat 18-Jul-09 10:32:21

Thanks Wigeon, I think the problem now is finding out if he's still infectious. All this stress over what is probably nothing

Wigeon Sat 18-Jul-09 14:38:51

Hope someone else can help with how long it's infectious for.

Flgihtattendant Sat 18-Jul-09 14:48:55

If he can stay a few days in a motel or such...a pain I know but at 35 weeks I wouldn't want to take the risk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now