Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this a daft idea??

(3 Posts)
stanausauruswrecks Sat 18-Jul-09 09:25:44

I have DD who is 7 weeks, and DS who is 3. Reading all the current advice re Swine Flu, the best thing to protect DD is to continue breast feeding.As DS is under 5 and in the high risk group (but it would appear that they are ineligible for vaccine)I thought that if I give DS a cup of EBM surely he will get some protection too?

ComeOVeneer Sat 18-Jul-09 09:28:15

Why is it the best thing to continue bf/or give ds ebm? SUrely it only has an impact if you have had SF and therefore can pass on your antibodies to them through the milk? Obviiously dd is gaining a huge amount from being bf for a whole host of other reasons so def continue with her. But not sure it would make much difference for ds tbh.

stanausauruswrecks Sat 18-Jul-09 09:40:44

I've had sore throat and cold symptoms for a couple of days. DD is full of snot too. I'm not convinced that we have the pigging lurgy, but thought that just in case it is a mild dose, then it will confer some immunity to DS (Sorry got distracted with OP, DS is trying to break his limbs in time for our holiday by leaping all over the sofa..)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now