Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Partner with unconfirmed sw and has had continual hiccups for over 48 hrs

(3 Posts)
cheekychopsmum Fri 17-Jul-09 23:20:50

My dp was digagnosed with sf on tuesday, over the phone. He has had aches, chills, headache, sore throat and fatigue. He has slept loads, which is really unusual for him even when ill, but does have moments when he feels okish when he can get up and do something, then needs to rest again. For the last 2 days he keeps getting hiccups. At first it was just really annoying for him, now it is getting worrying. They are quite fast and last for over 5 mins and has had over 10 bouts today.

I've just done a quick look on web and found all kinds of worrying senarios such as heart attack and tumour.

I'm now worried because maybe the doc has thought it was sf, but he may have over looked other illness as he wasn't phyically seen.

Am I over reacting?

He is taking tamiflu -could it be a reaction to this?

slummymummy36 Fri 17-Jul-09 23:38:39

My friend told me her DD (17) had been prescribed Tamiflu and felt very very sick on it to the point of almost gagging.

Not sure if this is any help, but I would be inclined to call GP for further advice if you still concerned.

Did the Tamiflu come with a side effects leaflet in the packet? Or try googling Tamiflu side effects? Although googling anything medical usually is not a wise idea!

Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

cheekychopsmum Fri 17-Jul-09 23:50:57

Yeah looked at the leaflet and he hasn't had any of the listed side effects.

If he has them again tomorrow we'll have to do something....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now