Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS's school has confirmed cases of swine flu. His dad wants to keep him out for last few days. I don't. Argh!

(4 Posts)
Scrumplet Fri 17-Jul-09 21:16:03

I figure we're all going to get it some time, so we might as well carry on as normal. We have also just found out DS will be moving up a class in September, so it's his last few days with his current teacher.

DS's dad will be taking him on a week's holiday as of next weekend, and doesn't want him to be ill for that (which I understand). DS has just three mornings left. His dad says take him out. I say leave him in. The headteacher is happy either way. Stumped. What do you reckon?

Nefret Fri 17-Jul-09 21:54:58

We had a letter home yesterday saying thre was 1 confirmed case of swine flu in the school. I know my husband would say to keep my dd at home but it is her last few days in Recepetion and she would be unhappy to miss the parties and stuff so I haven' told him!! I knwo I should have done but I am going to wait until the last day then say something. I just dont think we need to keep her off.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Fri 17-Jul-09 22:00:27

Who will do the child care if he does stay off?

Scrumplet Sat 18-Jul-09 22:52:53

I'm with you, Nefret. FabBaker, I would do the childcare. I would have to reorganise a few commitments, but mostly, it wouldn't be a problem.

I have spoken to some other parents today at a birthday party. The children affected are twins in DS's class. He spent half of last week around them, so taking him out once they are off sick seems days too late, TBH; he's potentially already been exposed.

No other parents, to my knowledge, plan to keep their children at home. The view is, it's a pandemic: very little we do is likely to prevent them getting it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now