Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So, now that they won't test any more for swine flu, I take it the insurance companies will pay out if you have to cancel your holiday for a bit of a sniffle...

(9 Posts)
CountessDracula Fri 17-Jul-09 18:47:37

normally don't they need some evidence?

sweetfall Fri 17-Jul-09 18:48:18

hah - bloody good point

CountessDracula Fri 17-Jul-09 18:49:57

I've allegedly had it already
but as they won't test how do I actually know?
So if I haven't and I do get it what will they do then? Assume I dind't ahve it before? Assume I don't have it this time?
<head explodes>

gomez Fri 17-Jul-09 18:52:18

I would think not - more likely your insurance company will ask you to foot the bill for a private test to prove you did/do in fact have swine flu.

CountessDracula Fri 17-Jul-09 18:53:44

apparently you can't get tested privately easily
something to do with only certain labs testing
(so my dr said)

gomez Fri 17-Jul-09 18:55:16

That's not likely to stop your average insurance company insisting that you do - given their mission to ensure no payment is made if at all possible smile.

Take your point however.

MaryHuff Fri 17-Jul-09 19:06:24

We have been wondering this as my ILs have just taken out wedding insurance for my SILs wedding, in case it has to be cancelled due to swine flu. But not sure how to prove it if a claim had to be made.

Honneybunny Fri 17-Jul-09 19:23:56

you could offer to come and sneeze in their office grin...

LIZS Sat 18-Jul-09 14:23:06

Think you'd have to have been officially advised not to travel (possibly get it in writing too). There was a woman from abta on lunchtime news yesterday who reckoned travel insurance would cover it although some policies do have a pandemic exclusion clause(no suggestion it had yet been invoked to avodi a claim).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now