Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So not only have I had tonsilitis all week, DD was sick on Weds, DH has been sent home from work with possible swine flu, we are TTC and I am frigging ovulating this weekend...

(8 Posts)
Bumperslucious Fri 17-Jul-09 14:08:45

<sigh> that's all really...

I just wanted a few days to recover, been off since weds after dragging myself into work Monday and Tuesday. Had to look after DD myself yesterday till 7.30 and she was sick on Weds. Even before I was sick I had booked today off just to have a day to myself, but DH has been sent home from work as he is really achey and hot.

Not only that, we are TTC at the moment and this is prime ovulation time. DH didn't want to <ahem> TTC this morning as he was feeling tired. I said 'I've had tonisilitis all week and I've managed - suck it up and take one for the team'. That's wrong right? That's unsympathetic? To be fair that was before he was sent home from work. And really, I'm sure he is fine, his work are just being antsy. But he is now in bed taking his temperature every 10 minutes 'That's 1.1 degrees since this morning' <puts fingers to forehead> can't I just be ill on my own? Of course there is no point in TTC this month if DH has got swine flu, it's not good to get flu when pg is it?

I'm rambling now, I think I am delirious <takes temperature>

cyanarasamba Fri 17-Jul-09 14:16:01

I feel your pain. We missed out last month as we had to take DS into hospital with tonsilitis then it was too hot to contemplate TTC for the rest of the week.

Your best best I reckon is for you both to take paracetamol/ibuprofen at the same time then maybe an hour later DH will feel "up to it"....

Also I have heard that ovulation can be delayed if you are ill so don't give up after the weekend!

kerrywells2006 Fri 17-Jul-09 14:18:13

Hi this is the first timeI have posted on herebut just wanted to say you made me chuckle! ALthough I feel sorry for your husband facing the wrath of an ovulating woman I know I would be the same - DH always jumping on the bandwagon where illness is concerned,and it really is right for them to say no whether they are ill or not. Hope you feel better quickly though, it's awful dealing with ill kids when youre feeling rubbish yourself.

Bumperslucious Fri 17-Jul-09 14:28:32

Thank you , I thought I would get flamed for being unsympathetic. Fortunately he just likes to be left alone when ill, but it still means I have to sort DD out and cook etc when I am feeling pretty sub-par myself. Still, 2 hours till I have to pick her up from nursery and Friends and Desperate Housewives are on E4 so I am just going to chill, and call out to DH every hour or so to check he hasn't spontaneously combusted or anything grin

Bumperslucious Fri 17-Jul-09 16:02:31

More sympathy is required.

Will it help if I point out that we were also supposed to be going away to stay with family this weekend? A whole weekend where I didn't have to wash up or cook, go food shopping. Urgh!

Woooozle100 Fri 17-Jul-09 16:08:52

hey this happened to me yknow. Missed me peak 2 days cos of having the shits. But got pg anyway - from a spontaneous recreational momemt some time later that cycle grin

Bumperslucious Fri 17-Jul-09 16:25:35

So, how long after actually ovulating are you fertile for? Just had the tell tell stabbing pains in my side. Dh better buck up grin

CyradisTheSeer Sat 18-Jul-09 12:20:59

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now