Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Swine flu...

(2 Posts)
georgiemum Fri 17-Jul-09 12:03:45

Since it seems worse in children, does anyone know if there is something we can give the little ones (DS is 5) to help boost the immune system? I remember a friend giving her little one some liquid 'tonic' to boost his immune system.

Not so much for DS - more for DP who is a little 'concerned' (for 'concerned' please read 'panicking, paranoid and bathing in anti-bacterial spray').

RubberDuck Fri 17-Jul-09 12:38:11

I listen to quite a few sciency podcasts and the one thing that comes up regularly is that anything which says "it boosts the immune system" is generally talking bollocks and it's a meaningless statement that companies use as they're not allowed to make specific claims that haven't been proven.

I'd save your money and just make sure that he gets a decent diet and gets to run round lots

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now