Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

to be pissed off with mum at school ? Rent alert : It's regarding Swine Flu...

(14 Posts)
ILSONTDECAPITEMARIEANTOINNETTE Thu 16-Jul-09 18:46:31

And I'm not unreasonnable..

This is the part of the letter we got from the school :

"Merton borought" have advised that if a child is sick they should be kept at home for 7 days to be absolutely sure, so at this stage of term we are advising that they do not return until the start of autumn term."

Well her dd started to be sick on sunday (she told me) and then is back today, well she is inconsiderate.

Tamarto Thu 16-Jul-09 18:50:54

She is inconsiderate could equally be your borough council are daft.

The did say it's only advice, we all ignore that from time to time.

Northernlurker Thu 16-Jul-09 18:54:27

Well the letter contains advice - not law and it's up to her what she does with her child. You are very mistaken if you think her actions and this one child's presence will make any difference at all actually. It's a flu pandemic - we're nearly all going to get it at some point. Also - it's flu not ebola - yes some people have died - that's what happens with flu but it's still a very rare event.

Also you don't know her circumstances - I work and with the summer holiday childcare to arrange and pay for I would struggle to accomodate keeping a well child at home. I am of course assuming said child is ok now?

YABU.

lockets Thu 16-Jul-09 18:56:25

Message withdrawn

ILSONTDECAPITEMARIEANTOINNETTE Thu 16-Jul-09 18:58:20

She is a SAHM so no nothing should have stop her to keep her child at home.

Hulababy Thu 16-Jul-09 18:58:57

IMO you are worrying unncessarily that a well child has returned to school.

As I posted before,

Current HPA advice is that if a child/adult is no longer displaying symptoms then they are find and not contagious and should go about their normal day.

We have had children and satff off from 2-3 days to over a week with suspected SF. They simply come back when well.

The fact that the otehr child and her DH are currently ill is irelevent TBH. The child who has had it and is now recovered won't be getting it fromt hem again, and won't be passing it on to others either.

Hulababy Thu 16-Jul-09 18:59:40

lockets - locally SF is mild generally (here anyway) and people are only displaying symptoms for 2-3 days, even when confirmed SF.

Hulababy Thu 16-Jul-09 19:00:38

The fact that she has a currently ill child and ill FH at home may be one good reason why she ould prefer her well cild to return to school.

Northernlurker Thu 16-Jul-09 19:18:01

I've just noticed that you post in IABU first and then here - one assumes when you didn't like the answers you were getting? I think that's rather poor actually. angry

whomovedmychocolate Thu 16-Jul-09 19:23:20

How shameful it is that we are vilifying people (particularly mothers) for having the misfortune of coming into contact with an illness through no fault of their own. hmm

whomovedmychocolate Thu 16-Jul-09 19:23:20

How shameful it is that we are vilifying people (particularly mothers) for having the misfortune of coming into contact with an illness through no fault of their own. hmm

whomovedmychocolate Thu 16-Jul-09 19:24:09

Twice as shameful apparently blush darn my internet connection.

stonethecrows Thu 16-Jul-09 19:38:48

I'm sure I've seen this thread on AIBU hmm - what exactly is it that you want people to say OP? It is highly likely that child did not even have SF if they are better already - and if they did, imagine they would have been contagious before symptoms showed and your child exposed then. Would you rather whole country ground to a halt?

ilove Thu 16-Jul-09 19:40:21

I want to know what your rent has to do with it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now