Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Swine flu is a hoax....?

(26 Posts)
MsDeeMeaner Thu 16-Jul-09 13:56:00

I am going to pop out but thought before I do I would put this up for discussion between yourselves, I know what i think but am curious on other peoples POVs on this.

hoax

Tamarto Thu 16-Jul-09 13:57:32

Damn and i thought it was all Elvis's doing.

Tee2072 Thu 16-Jul-09 13:59:58

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

And love the URL its under.

theyoungvisiter Thu 16-Jul-09 14:00:09

snooooooooooooort.

"6. This “Swine flu” virus is undoubtedly another man-made virus – a hybrid of part “swine flu”, part human flu and part bird flu. Something like that can ONLY come from a laboratory"

What a pile of utter bobbins!

Sorry but whoever wrote that knows absolutely nothing about the science behind viruses or how they work.

GrimmaTheNome Thu 16-Jul-09 14:02:07

hmm
Weeelll... I suppose that a conspiracy by the US govt to decimate the population via an unecessary vaccine would be one way for them to help reduce global warming. Jolly good. Oh, I expect the authors of this doc thing climate change is a hoax too.

grin

GrimmaTheNome Thu 16-Jul-09 14:03:21

Oh, I'd missed that URL. Classic!

MsDeeMeaner Thu 16-Jul-09 14:03:28

I thought it was bollox too, but my friend wholeheartedly believes all this drible, she thinks the government has a cure for cancer but won't let people have it because they make too much money out of the drugs and lose too much money from old people because they are a 'burden' on society.

I just needed to check that eveyoine else thought the same as me wink

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Thu 16-Jul-09 14:04:38

LOLOLOL @ Illuminati!

Can't decide if this is for real or a pisstake.

theyoungvisiter Thu 16-Jul-09 14:05:13

deary me - does your friend live in a parallel world in which the government own the pharmaceutical companies and the NHS is paid for by fairy dust?

LuluMaman Thu 16-Jul-09 14:05:31

it ceases to be funny when it talks alludes to a zionist conspiracy

the people who write this stuff are morons

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Thu 16-Jul-09 14:05:44

i thought it was perhaps a conspiracy or over done to make us spend our money and lift the economy out of the mire. None of the stuff on that link though though i didnt read it all ......grin

SolidGoldBrass Thu 16-Jul-09 14:07:25

Well the site is completeley mentalist of course, but it's also fairly likely that the Awful Threat Of Millions Dying Of Pig Flu is a little bit exaggerated. Certainly the UK GOvernment have past form for trying to frighten the population into giving up civil liberties in the name of safety.

theyoungvisiter Thu 16-Jul-09 14:08:38

It gets even better if you read on:

The evil gurus of Population Extermination are the New World Order/Illuminati demonic leaders, including Prince Philip and Prince Charles (and Queen Elizabeth) of England.

Why is the Queen in brackets I wonder? Is her evil only conducted within parentheses?

TBH I doubt most of the royals coudl organise a pissup in a brewery let alone become fully fledged Evil Gurus of the New World Order.

harleyd Thu 16-Jul-09 14:09:06

illuminati grin
that site is a pile of mad dog shite

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Thu 16-Jul-09 14:09:18

But SGB, if it is exaggerated (and I'm not saying it isn't) then it won't be the Government who've exaggerated it but the Media, who as we know love to put the fear of the Almighty into us to make us buy more stuff.

Oh, wait...

theyoungvisiter Thu 16-Jul-09 14:10:43

and also SGB I would agree with you if you were talking about terrorist threat, but swine flu isn't really going ot make us sign up for ID cards, is it? It's just going to cost the government £££££ of cash they'd prefer to be spending on duck houses.

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Thu 16-Jul-09 14:10:58

TYV - I didn't get that far. That's priceless! grin Can you imagine Prince Philip, out of all the Royals, being an evil demonic leader?

Or perhaps that's how he gets away with it? Bumbling moron on the outside, eeeeeeeevil demonic moron on the inside?

GrimmaTheNome Thu 16-Jul-09 14:11:38

Having just taken a glance at their homepage I'm no longer grinningsad

"Possibly the most Astonishing, Informative and
Comforting Web Site you will EVER find!
"

No, I don't find a bunch of Christian holocaust deniers in the least bit informative or comforting. Astonishing yes.

Anyhow, having read that I think we can all rest un-assured that swine flu is not a hoax.

PrefetParfait Thu 16-Jul-09 14:12:36

\link{http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/if you go toteh home page of that website}

You see the message

"Possibly the most Astonishing, Informative and Comforting Web Site you will EVER find!"...they obviously haven't found MN wink

Chrysanthemums Thu 16-Jul-09 14:13:04

Whilst we are on the subject, is George W Bush a real human? Honestly? I can't get my head around the way he moves, talks, etc

Surely he has a clockwork brain, or something. It worries me that he was elected president.

GrimmaTheNome Thu 16-Jul-09 14:13:34

There is, on the other hand, an island somewhere in the Pacific where Prince Philip is a deity.

PrefetParfait Thu 16-Jul-09 14:15:19

x posts!

link to home page

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Thu 16-Jul-09 14:15:58

Chrysanthemums - he wasn't elected!

LuluMaman Thu 16-Jul-09 14:16:26

it says'"and where each story fits into the bigger picture of the diabolical plan of the Illuminati and the Zionist Jews to destroy America and to rule the World."

how anyone could give this site any credence is beyond me...

vile

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Thu 16-Jul-09 14:27:02

Actually, reading the shit on the homepage has made me feel slightly sick.

I take it back. Scary stuff (although I agree with her on the aspartame).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now