Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

If anyone has/had swine flu could you tell me your symptons?

(12 Posts)
cocolepew Thu 16-Jul-09 12:21:22

Thanks

cocolepew Thu 16-Jul-09 12:54:27

BCNS Thu 16-Jul-09 13:11:41

hi cocolpew DD has it ( how lovely) her symptoms:

dodgey tummy for a couple of days ( yes I thought it was a bit of a bug) until Sunday night when her tempreture shot up to about 39 ish and stayed there..
then almost at the smae time.. the cough started.. nasty hacking cough

she very flumpy and sleeping lots,
headache
her bone ache
totally off food
( general fluey things tbh)
but the temp and the cough are the biggies .. they come on really quickly!

cocolepew Thu 16-Jul-09 13:18:48

Thanks, we're just back from the USA and DD isn't well, it just struck me today it could be this. She did have a cough before she got sick but it has gone. We travelled back on Monday, she'd had a dodgy tummy for a few days, then on the plane had projectile vomiting (sorry lady in front of us blush), the whole way back. The last couple of days she has been very sick, high temp and complaining of a sore neck. She ate a piece of toast this morning, so maybe it's just a bug.
Thanks and I hope your DD feels better soon smile.

BCNS Thu 16-Jul-09 13:25:57

Give your GP a call, that's what we did in the end as nhs direct aren't a lot of help tbh.

I was really not sure about her having it or not.. but ended up calling the GP and DD (6) is now on Tamiflu. They are not swabbing any more just going on symptoms.

soon as we knew she was on tamiflu we then called the school, let various people know who we were due to have meetings with etc etc so they could cancel.

hope it' just a bug for your dd..

and thanks for the get better soon for mine :0

cocolepew Thu 16-Jul-09 14:59:46

I've phoned our local helpline and waiting for the GP to phone back, they think she has it and I'm not feeling too great myself sad

BCNS Thu 16-Jul-09 15:35:24

hope she feels better soon

if they do give you tamiflu.. hide it in a tea spoon of strawberry jam or such like.. makes it easier to take .. ( GP actually put this on our instructions lol)

cocolepew Thu 16-Jul-09 15:36:35

My Mum has gone to pick up the tamiflu now... will put it in jam smile

BCNS Thu 16-Jul-09 15:40:36

bless

ahh with a spoonful of jam after too to take the nasty taste away.. lol.. dd think this is a huge treat to have spoonfuls of jam

remember plenty of drinks and rest.. and I hope she's feeling a bit better soon.. just to let you know we have found the night's much worse than the days.. and have resorted to almost sitting dd up in bed to sleep.. as it lessens the cough a bit.

fingers crossed for you too.. ( I am heading down hill as I type)

Iworryalot Thu 16-Jul-09 18:31:20

gosh i really hope you are both well soon and your children ....we dont have it yet but i guess its just a matter of time ...best wishes to you all x

PurpleOne Fri 17-Jul-09 03:44:48

bcns lol on my script box it said to hide it in apple juice or chocolate syrup!!!

my symptoms were sore throat, sudden fever, aching limbs, headache and dry tickly unproductie cough...and just generally feeling totally drained and washed out. i am still unwell though.

plenty of fluids, lots of ibuprofen and bed rest.

get well soon coco's dd x

furrycat Fri 17-Jul-09 09:16:20

Do they give tamiflu in liquid form for children then??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now