Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

another question about swine flu....Would really appeciate some advice

(4 Posts)
ilovespinach Wed 15-Jul-09 20:45:09

I'm due to travel to England in about a week and a half with my 2 dcs - 3.3 and 18 months.

I've just been speaking to my mom and she's got me really concerned about swine flu. She even said she would think twice if she was me about bringing the kids over for Xmas as it is supposed to get much worse then).

My 18 month old is due to have his second MMR vaccine. My question is should I give this to him and then travel to the UK which has a higher rate of infection then where we ae coming from? His body will have to work on the vaccine so I'm not sue if it would be a good idea to potentially get swine flu on top of this?

What would you do? Am I worrying too much?

CramItUpYourCramHole Wed 15-Jul-09 20:50:18

you are worrying too much!

my nephew has just had it, like a bad cold with a temp, tbh, he just wanted to sleep all the time.
dont think it would be too much of a problem, even with MMR.

stoppinattwo Wed 15-Jul-09 20:52:40

there is always some sort of flu floating around through the winter....i wouldnt let it stop you coming over and enjoying christams with your family smile

ilovespinach Wed 15-Jul-09 20:52:59

thanks -my mom has just scared the life out of me on the phone and has put my mind into overdrive.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now