Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

urgent advice needed about swine flu please

(5 Posts)
poface Wed 15-Jul-09 11:41:04

Ds has induction day at new school in couple of hours. I am asthmatic, last bug in April knocked me for six, needed nebulizer in hospital, have a one year old who gets things badly too. Just found out they have 2 cases of SF at said school. Should I take him today? I know I'm going to have to face this in Sept but dreading it, maybe they won't have cases then, who knows. They do now. Would you go in my circs?

Dophus Wed 15-Jul-09 11:46:43

I would go. You can't avoid a pandemic and you shouldn't deny your child.

But that's just my opinion...!

georgiemum Wed 15-Jul-09 11:47:17

Why don't you phone the school? They should have a swine flu policy (ours does) and I am sure they will understand if you tell them that you are wary of coming it.

Keep your hands clean, don't touch your face unless you have washed them thoroughly (that's what they were saying last night).

magnolia74 Wed 15-Jul-09 11:55:10

He would need to come into direct contact with a symptomatic person to get it. Also if he showed signs of swine flue you would be offered tamiflu if you are athsmatic. Please don't worry smile

poface Wed 15-Jul-09 12:06:43

ok. will probably go. Did phone school, they said they understood and it was my call. more worried about him catching it first, he'll be in the class with the other children while we get lectured by head apparently. grin
Just asthma got so bad with last bug dread to think what will happen next time. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now