Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

child with asthma and swine flu at his school - keep him home?

(6 Posts)
lydiane Tue 14-Jul-09 17:11:56

ds has what i would describe as moderate asthma.
he has been in hospital about 5 times due to his asthma for a nebuliser and had steroids this winter.

There has just been a swineflu case in his school.
As there is only 3 days left dh wants to keep him home.
Is this OTT? I am thinking he will be exposed to it in day to day life anyway?
xx

HecatesValeurDeDeuxCentimes Tue 14-Jul-09 17:21:26

yes, he probably will. there's something here

lydiane Tue 14-Jul-09 17:24:34

thanks - that link is really useful.

it is a nightmare - if it was mid term you we would have to send him in - but just 3 days - and they arent even working they are watching films and stuff.
But i dont want to teach him to throw 'sickies!'

HecatesTwopenceworth Tue 14-Jul-09 18:29:39

I know what you mean. The last few days are just killing time!

timjaimeskye Thu 16-Jul-09 23:58:19

if you are prepared at home.. ie have anti viral ready.. inhalers .. general flue medicine etc then i would send him in. If you are not prepared then i would suggest restricting his contact with the virus until you have everything ready. I think that it is very important to be ready as it is not a case of if but when. I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday to get supplies as my dtr has mild ashma... until then i am being careful.

TsarChasm Fri 17-Jul-09 00:02:16

Given the asthma, in your situation, I'd keep ds at home; obviously others will say the opposite though.

My dc don't seem to be doing any work either. I sometimes wonder what the point of the last part of the summer term is really...but that's another thread! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now