Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sorry, another swine flu one - Dp has been exposed...

(6 Posts)
laurawantsababy Tue 14-Jul-09 12:52:41

I am 11 weeks pg and we have a 1yo dd. He went to someones house today whose daughter was upstairs with suspected swine flu.

Would you move out for a few days just in case dp gets it? Or am I being stupid? Thanks.

hobbgoblin Tue 14-Jul-09 12:54:17

You are being exposed all the time and the person in question was upstairs so I would not start quarantine on that basis.

laurawantsababy Tue 14-Jul-09 13:07:16

Thanks hobbgoblin! I am a complete worrier when it comes to thinks like this and do tend to over react!

CramItUpYourCramHole Tue 14-Jul-09 13:11:21

my sister is 22 wks pg and her 20mth old has swine flu.

no big deal according to doctor, she just has to ring them if she gets a temperature to get the tamiflu stuff.

nb. her ds is ok, after a week he is much better now, had temp, diaorrhea, and has been exhausted and not eating.

try not to worry

laurawantsababy Tue 14-Jul-09 13:13:27

Thanks! Its weird how the symptoms vary so much.

svwt Tue 14-Jul-09 13:56:03

i am 19 wks, and was with a child on sunday who has been diagnosed since with swine flu, very affectionate child so hugs etc. my doctor says they are not giving tamiflu to preg women any more as not sure of complications, and also it only shortens the illness by 24 hours, does not actually cure. so, you wait to see if you get it, then you try to ride it out, it seems. has anyone actually had it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now