Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Really concerned about swine flu - can you innoculate early?

(4 Posts)
stressed2007 Tue 14-Jul-09 08:25:54

This is a serious question so please no flaming.

Like loads of you on here I have young kids - my 18 month old catches everything. I have a poorly mum and a 94 year old granny. I am really concerned abiut the swine flu and the fact that it appears to be killing completely well people. On the basis certian people are suseptable is it possible to get a vaccine now - will it help? Can you buy them? I am really worried that if one of them catches it there will be nothing much that can be one. Thanks very much

I have also posted this question on the children's health board.

hobbgoblin Tue 14-Jul-09 08:27:34

You must remember that this a new vaccine and so relatively untested and as with any vaccine not without risks - some of which may be significant.

I'm very stressed too as I am pg 40 plus 5. Just yelled at DS for coughing over me. blush

twoisplenty Tue 14-Jul-09 08:31:24

Why would anyone flame you? I think since the death of healthy people, especially children, everyone must be worried. I certainly am. I don't know what the answer is though.

northender Tue 14-Jul-09 08:34:22

afaik the vaccine will not be available until Sept/Oct time and then will be prioritised to people with chronic health problems and frontline healthcare staff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now