Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Are we going to get Swine flu?

(4 Posts)
Claire2009 Mon 13-Jul-09 20:40:45

At friends yesterday for 15 mins or so.

Today she has been confirmed with swine flu.

Little girl (4) from across the road was playing out in our garden earlier, she fell over so I took her home and her Mum said she's been ill all week with swine flu.

What do ya reckon? Any tips on how to possibly prevent getting it or are we past that point?

blondissimo Mon 13-Jul-09 21:26:19

Keep washing your hands - but I wouldn't worry too much unless you have a very young baby or anyone with health problems.

Claire2009 Mon 13-Jul-09 21:29:25

Thanks.

I have a 2yo & 3yo, will keep washing and do a cleaning frenzy tonight...

blondissimo Mon 13-Jul-09 21:38:36

I think, but am not sure, that my 1yr old might have had it last week. He had sudden v high temp, lethargic, sore throat (according to doc), but then developed a rash so I assumed it was something like measles. But GP said over phone that they can develop a post viral rash from any virus. Didn't think much of it,but am now wondering if it might have been swine flu.
The doctors didn't mention it at all - probably didn't want to scare me!
He appears to be better now, so fingers crossed he doesn't have a relapse.
If it was sf, then it was a bit of a pain, but fever went within 3 days, which was the most worrying part.
Apparently most cases are mild at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now