Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

SWINE FLU AT MY DD'S SCHOOL...SHOULD I WORRY ?

(5 Posts)
Summerfruit Mon 13-Jul-09 16:26:39

It's almost the end of the term and I'm tempted not to send her to school for the rest of it..Am I OTT ? I'm worried about her obviously but also worried that I can't take the risk as I'm also a childminder. What should I do ?

LyraSilvertongue Mon 13-Jul-09 16:28:20

There's a case of swine flu in DS1's year, thankfully not in his class. I'm not too worried. DS wasn't friends with this boy so the chances of him catching it from him are slim.

FairLadyRantALot Mon 13-Jul-09 16:47:36

there is a case at my ys and ms school, and it certainly ain't stopping me sending them....the way I see it it's a flu, if my Kids are gonna get it, they will and we will deal with it...

Summerfruit Mon 13-Jul-09 16:53:28

Thanks for your answers ! With the news of this little girl dying of it, couldn't help worrying..Do you think I should let my parent's mindee that there is one case of swine flu at my dd's school or not ?

LIZS Mon 13-Jul-09 16:56:48

There was a member of staff who tested positive a couple of weeks ago at ours, didn't seem to spread but they did send home a few members of staff as soon as they had possible symptoms a week later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now