Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does swine flue start with a cough and very slight fever?

(13 Posts)
FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 12-Jul-09 20:30:53

I'm hoping it's just a cold.

smile

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 12-Jul-09 21:15:04

bumping.

In the space of 10 seconds his temp went from 35.6 to 38.3. I think my thermometer's buggered. hmm He's not too ill though, he still has the ability to argue with me!

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 12-Jul-09 21:15:36

bumping.

In the space of 10 seconds his temp went from 35.6 to 38.3. I think my thermometer's buggered. hmm He's not too ill though, he still has the ability to argue with me!

Elibean Sun 12-Jul-09 22:13:48

Could be. HOpe its just a cold, or a mild case only - and that you don't catch it either way smile

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 12-Jul-09 22:23:00

smile Thankyou. I hope it is a cold, he has an entrance exam tomorrow, the school breaks up on Wednesday so it's his last chance.

itchyandscratchy Sun 12-Jul-09 22:27:19

Just heard from a friend who's got it. she started with a high temp then started feeling really poorly and achy.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 12-Jul-09 22:30:10

smile Thankyou. I've just checked on him, he's fast asleep, no coughing and no temp. I'll see how he is in the morning. It's stressful isn't it!

laumiere Mon 13-Jul-09 21:08:50

We took DS1 to Casualty (he has a cold and developed breathing problems as he has cerebral palsy). He didn't have SF but they did say that kids are atypical in presentation.

Danger signs we were told to watch for:
- temp over 38 degrees that doesn't go down even after paracetemol
- breathing problems
- going floppy/unresponsive
- developing a rash
- persistent vomiting/loose poo for more than 48 hours.
Any of these symptoms, go straight to casualty.

twinsnikki Tue 14-Jul-09 09:29:38

Laumiere, Thanks so much for this, really appreciate it

mrsmortenharket Tue 14-Jul-09 09:31:42

thanks laumiere had been wondering what the symptoms were x

laumiere Tue 14-Jul-09 10:42:19

Should add they also said that most casualty depts won't give out Tamiflu, so they can treat your LO but you'll need to call a GP to get it for the rest of your family.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Wed 15-Jul-09 13:33:40

I'm thinking he must have had it but it went very quickly. I had the same thing yesterday, achey/chills, heacache, nausea, off food, runny nose, sneezing, slight flue feeling. It's gone now though so I've no idea.

mrsmortenharket Thu 16-Jul-09 10:30:58

i'm not entirely sure if dd has a cold, she not off her food, has a runny nose a very slight temp and seems ok, complains of feeling tired but sometimes she grins when she says it so that makes me think she's trying it on so i will pick her up on the way to school

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now