Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

swine flu around community....nearly 10 month baby with cough

(7 Posts)
MrsGum Sat 11-Jul-09 13:54:53

and sneezing and runny nose - likely to be it?

feeding ok still and no temp

Sidge Sat 11-Jul-09 14:10:16

If no temp then unlikely to be swine flu.

With flu you have a high fever.

The main symptoms are here

MrsGum Sat 11-Jul-09 14:18:42

just been reading that, thanks sidge

it says under ones should be considered for preventative anti-virals - should I phone gp?

CJMommy Sat 11-Jul-09 14:27:42

Think you'll find that they are not giving 'preventative' anti-virals anymore. And they don't actually prevent you from getting it, only stop the symptoms getting any worse if you do have it. Side effects are pretty nasty to.

Sidge Sat 11-Jul-09 14:40:06

I wouldn't give antivirals - he hasn't got a fever so it's probably a coincidental cold or virus, and not swine flu. Plenty of fluids and nose-wiping may be all that's needed! (I find tissues a bit harsh for babies noses, I put wet wipes out to dry out a bit and use them as they're softer).

Nemoandthefishes Sat 11-Jul-09 15:12:18

no prventitive antivirals now.
DD2[2/6yrs] been diagnosed this morning and given tamiflu. I have a asthmatic 3yr old and a 4wk old baby and have been told to see what happens even though they are now at even higher risk o f catching ithmm

CJMommy Mon 13-Jul-09 19:51:54

They don't prevent getting though and the side effects can be nasty. No point having it until you develop symptoms....and if you haven't got a fever, then you haven't got flu.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now