Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

SWINE FLU!

(9 Posts)
MadameCastafiore Tue 07-Jul-09 19:00:19

Apparently when you phone the NHS people and they ask you your symptoms there are 2 symptoms that people with just regular flu don't get that Swine Flu people get! (Maybe oinking and getting sunburnt easily!)

But there you go - they will then know if you have proper swine flu or just a bad cold or normal flu!

Disclaimer - this came from an associate of DH who he calls Fat Wanky Paul - so can't be sure just how accurate it is!

Zebrastripes Tue 07-Jul-09 19:02:49

they told my DH yesterday he has Swine Flu sad

milkyandhoney Tue 07-Jul-09 19:02:57

Isn't it D&V?

Rofl at "Fat Wanky Paul" !

MadameCastafiore Tue 07-Jul-09 19:05:32

Not sure what it is - they don't let you in on it unless you acyually have it for real!

DS has painintherectalareaitus, but other than that we are all fine!

Oh no Zebrastripes - hope he is better soon.

littlerach Tue 07-Jul-09 19:06:45

Think the list is sore throat, headache, dry cough, aching, lethargy, d&v, fever.
If you have 2 or more they are presuming swine flu.
Dd2 diagnosed yesterday after a horrid weekend. She si almost back to normal today.

Jux Tue 07-Jul-09 19:09:22

Oh dear, so sorry to hear about your dh zebrastripes and your dd littlerach. It has now hit the school round the corner from us, (dd doesn't go there yet) so it is v close. I won't tell dh as he will have it immediately.grin

Zebrastripes Tue 07-Jul-09 19:13:01

so do i MadamCastaFiore i make a very unsympathetic nurse grin and i don't wanna catch piggy flu either hmm

TheFool Tue 07-Jul-09 19:18:49

seriously? they only want 2 or more to declare swine flu??

I have all of them bar fever (no d and the v doesn't really count either tbh - still getting random bits of morning sickness wink), wouldn't say I felt fluish though - just a cold. hmm

littlerach Tue 07-Jul-09 20:12:46

Thats; what they told me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now