Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD is poorly, high temp saying her mouth hurts, i know this is probably getting a bit old now, but could it be swine flu?

(3 Posts)
imaynotbeperfectbutimokmummy Tue 07-Jul-09 14:07:13

I'm not really overly worried per se, because she isn't too bad in herself, was up all night with temp, calpol seems to be keeping it in check. Not wanting to eat, although has just had some ice cream and an apple.

Could this be mild swine flu, or just a throat bug, i ask because its unseasonal - however, I am worried because we went to visit our friend and her day old baby on Sunday, DD was fine then, if not a little grumpy (nothing particularly unusual there - tis a phase). Also my mum has some pretty serious underlying health issues and is immunocompromised.

I REALLY don't want to be bothering the doc or NHS direct with this as if i were to have to bet money i would say no, she doesn't have swine flu.

Fact remains, she clearly has a virus of some description so she may have been contagious on Sunday when we saw my friends wee son. She sat next to me when i was holding him but didnt really get overly close.

I don't want to worry my friends unnecessarily and they most definately WILL worry if i tell them that she is crook.

WWYD? DD has just got off sofa and is playing with toys so maybe feeling better> DD is nearly 4 btw. DP got cross with me for saying could this be SF because i have health anxiety issues, but im not anxious for DD, as she doesn;t seem particulary ill, but worried for my friends baby.

MarmadukeScarlet Tue 07-Jul-09 14:13:12

My DCs have recently had Hand, Foot and Mouth. DS had it first and had a classic case, DD then went down with what I thought was tonsilitis, serious high temp, really bad throat and mouth, vomit due to high temp, very floppy and unwell (she is 9) after 3 days took her to GP - she had H, F & M but only in her mouth - full of blisters and ulcers in her throat.

DH than got it - spots all over the show laugh, moi? grin He is never ill (2 days in 15 years) and really unsympathetic to any sickness.

I hope your DD is better soon.

LilRedWG Tue 07-Jul-09 21:25:48

I've just had a horrible throat virus that lasted about a month. I had a temperature andmy throat was sore but the main pain was in the base of my tounge. Everytime I swallowed or spoke or even moved my tongue it felt awful. It sounds as though she may have something similar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now