Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

GP surgeries now have 'Swine Flu - don't panic' signs up

(18 Posts)
whomovedmychocolate Tue 07-Jul-09 11:18:03

And messages on the answering service. They basically say 'if you think you've got it don't come in, go home and call us!'

About time too - the place was full of coughing Henry's this morning! hmm

notnowbernard Tue 07-Jul-09 11:20:34

I'm a bit behind with the whole Swine flu thing

Not sure what the symptoms are or what to look out for or anything

And I'm a HCP blush

whomovedmychocolate Tue 07-Jul-09 11:23:54

Rapidly developing fever above 38.5, chills, aches, cough, cold symptoms, perhaps vomiting. Can I come share your cave then? grin

expatinscotland Tue 07-Jul-09 11:24:06

people are still panicking!

whomovedmychocolate Tue 07-Jul-09 11:27:32

I know Expat and yet I only counted one person coughing into a tissue and then binning it. One coughed in my hair urgh!

notnowbernard Tue 07-Jul-09 11:29:17

grin

Ignorance is bliss, IMO

But seriously, I have a general awareness of it, but panic? No

expatinscotland Tue 07-Jul-09 11:33:27

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

whomovedmychocolate Tue 07-Jul-09 13:36:47

Expat - you aren't blaming the rain on swine flu are you? grin

I did ask Justine to centralise and sticky all the swine flu threads and she refused. I think she may come to regret that soon wink

expatinscotland Tue 07-Jul-09 13:42:21

i got told off elsewhere, accused of being flippant because swine flu hadn't affected me personally.

hmm

after i'd already posted that my entire family had confirmed cases of swine flu.

airborne-viruses. they happen.

misdee Tue 07-Jul-09 13:45:45

i went to baby group this morning blush my dd3 was at home, and not with me, but they discussing the 'outbreak' in the childrens centre. dd3 was the first suspected case of swine flu, and the head isnt telling people who has it. my other kids are at school. only dd3 is under house arrest. the way people were talking about it, i felt like a leper.

have told some friends and family who had contact with dd3 about it, only one i know of has a dd with suspected swine flu

whomovedmychocolate Tue 07-Jul-09 17:59:39

By sheer coincidence I just got an email from the local PCT asking me to post some info on the local site about our area shock. Maybe we are being to blase Expat.

yappybluedog Tue 07-Jul-09 18:22:25

Tesco check-out girl coughed ALL OVER MY SHOPPING

I could barely hold back the look of sheer contempt

<didn't say anything, obviously>

startingagain Tue 07-Jul-09 18:49:36

A relative of mine was told he has swine flu yesterday. He is at home for seven days in a room on his own. Meanwhile his wife has been told she can go back to work at a secondary school and his five children are back at their different schoolsshock

SparklyGothKat Tue 07-Jul-09 18:56:44

i supect that DS2 had/has Swine flu last week, me and DH are now coughing like a goodun, sore throats, feel poo, and DD1 has just been sick... have phoned the GP and waiting for them to reply as Dd2 has Cerebral palsy so she needs the tamiflu

SparklyGothKat Tue 07-Jul-09 18:57:22

sorry Dd1 has CP

SparklyGothKat Tue 07-Jul-09 19:03:58

they are treating Dd1.. arse how can I get the tamiflu...

misdee Tue 07-Jul-09 19:09:10

call mum.

i would go but am feeling like poo. am unsure if its lack of sleep or swine flu atm.

littlerach Tue 07-Jul-09 19:12:31

It is a bit crazy htough.

Dd2 seems ot have had it.
We were diagnosed over the phone on saturday and told to call GP on Monday.
They saw dd2, as she had some fo the symptoms, then they have said she probably has it. I was convinced she had throat infection or tonsilitis.
But we were told she can return to school once her temp had been normal for 24 hrs and she felt ok.
No need for tamiflu.
Think it depends where you live really hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now