Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

am worried he has swine flu

(8 Posts)
candyfluff Tue 07-Jul-09 07:27:13

ds seemed a bit off colour yesterday -off his food -very unusual for him and he was laying down alot also unusual for him
he is nearly 3 yrs old
this morning he woke up with a high temp and very thirsty
have given him some ibuprofen and he has eaten 2 brioche rolls and an ice lolly
temp has gone down now
should i /would you take him to gp ?

ilovesprouts Tue 07-Jul-09 07:36:02

you could alwasys ring nhs direct

SoupDragon Tue 07-Jul-09 07:46:27

No, I wouldn't take him to the GP unless he gets worse. In fact, even then I wouldn't take him to the GP because he'd be contagious.

candyfluff Tue 07-Jul-09 08:52:13

he seems to be ok other than the temp -i mean no cough or cold symptoms

hazeyjane Tue 07-Jul-09 09:11:06

I would wait and see, NHS Direct told us to treat dd as though she had normal flu unless her asthma started to be affected, she had runny nose, high temp, vomiting, nasty cough, not eating and very lethargic.

Hope your ds starts to feel better soon, I would phone NHSDirect or your gp if you are worried.

candyfluff Tue 07-Jul-09 09:20:50

now his temp has gone down he seems normal to me ,but when i goes up again /when meds have worn off i know he will go all funny again.
hope its just a 24 hr bug he's picked up rom somewhere

Habbibu Tue 07-Jul-09 09:24:15

dd was like that yesterday, but had no respiratory symptoms. Wait and see, and if he develops other symptoms phone NHS direct or see if your GP does phone consultations.

candyfluff Tue 07-Jul-09 09:41:19

ok i will just see how he is today
he has a heat rash but thats been there for over a week now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now