Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So I was at a party last night and someone there has a teenager with swine flu. Guess what someone asked her?

(9 Posts)
squeaver Sun 05-Jul-09 12:51:07

Yes, that's right: "Are you going to have a party so all her mates will catch it? Apparently that's the thing to do.."

I nearly choked on my vol au vent.

LupusinaLlamasuit Sun 05-Jul-09 12:54:28

<splutter>

You go to parties with vol au vents?! shock

shinyshoes Sun 05-Jul-09 12:54:41

I'd go to a swine flu party, it's better to catch it now than later on when it's mutated into something very nasty.

Plus it's gets me off work for a couple of weeks grin

giraffescantdancethetango Sun 05-Jul-09 12:56:59

My sister - studying journalism - told me in a very serious manner about how everyone with children was having these parties! She needs to learn that not everything she reads is true.

squeaver Sun 05-Jul-09 12:58:11

Posh vol au vents, LL. This one had a mini caeser salad in it. I'd already polished off the vichysoisse in a shot glass.

No wonder I was pissed.

differentID Sun 05-Jul-09 12:58:49

pmsl!!!!grin

squeaver Sun 05-Jul-09 12:59:57

What with that last night and Daisy G this morning, I feel like I can't escape from MN at the moment!

squeaver Sun 05-Jul-09 13:06:50

oh and you don't get given Tamiflu any more apparently. Just take paracetemol and sweat it out

pooka Sun 05-Jul-09 13:08:15

But surely if it mutates into something less mild, you won't be immune because, well, because it's mutated?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now