Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Have i had swine flu?

(8 Posts)
nicolamumof3 Fri 03-Jul-09 22:00:43

Symptons...

last friday started with terrible sore throat and was so tired i could barely stay awake sent a friend home early as was too exhausted!!

was alone with three dc's all w/end. called dp to come home sunday as had raging temp and wanted to go to bed, im a coper never ill but was terrible achy,bad bad cough and feeling breathless. but raging temp then shivering the next minute.

monday much worse. raging temp but breathing v.bad collapsed on landing couldn't breath. very hot and general cold/flu symptons.

went to mums and she looked after boys while i had lie down. then started to be violently sick couldn't move from bed had to spend night there still had temp.

drank litres of water.

tuesday started to improve no more sickness flu like symptons. by thursday much much better so almost a week. now just cough and catarhh if i had it my children and dp both seem fine so far? does it matter if i did have it??

Hulababy Fri 03-Jul-09 22:02:34

Possibly yes. Either that or another nasty bug.

But without being swabbed it is impossible to know.

You are recovered nw so really not sure it matters int he long rum.

PerfectPrefect Fri 03-Jul-09 22:04:56

Doesn't matter

They are not swabbing any more.

They are offering tamiflu for those suspected with it (but not those in contact with) I think.

Get on with your life....and just acknowledge that you were pretty poorly for a week but recovered.

nicolamumof3 Fri 03-Jul-09 22:05:23

no i agree. just strange that my family aren't showing symptons considering i had to look after three dcs all last weekend by myself, weird huh. oh well should be greatful they didn't get really poorly or maybe theres still time for it to develop. feel i am worrying uneccesarily i think now!!

LynetteScavo Fri 03-Jul-09 22:05:42

Sounds like you've had it.

I think becuase of the weater, and peoples general good health some people arent'getting it (like your family), or are only getting it mildly.

poorbuthappy Fri 03-Jul-09 22:07:31

Thing is, how do you know if you have been in contact with it if they aren't swabbing anymore?

LynetteScavo Fri 03-Jul-09 22:14:45

I think it's almost at the point now where pretty much everybody has been in contact with it.

poorbuthappy Fri 03-Jul-09 22:21:42

Oooo so am I immune???

Sorry, i just keep hurtling from the sublime to the ridiculous with this...knowing I will be ok, dh and dd1 will be ok cos they are healthly (hoping),and worrying terribly about 7 month old twins who were prem and possibly aren't quite as robust as they could be...

not trying to be flippant, but helps sometimes grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now