Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

any Mners in France? What is the swine flu protocol over there please?

(13 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 03-Jul-09 11:30:34

We are going camping in a couple of weeks or so in France in a fairly large campsite. What is the protocol if you develop it over there? Are they still in 'containment phase?' Is there a special phone number if you develop it or do you contact local drs?

Can just imagine, a fluey vomity person wouldn't be very popular with communal toilets etc (particularly as they have very low confirmed levels of it so far) but I'm not sure what you would do if you got it?

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 03-Jul-09 13:29:35

little bump.

Rhubarb Fri 03-Jul-09 13:32:51

I should imagine you would go to the docs and he'd give you a load of suppositries!

Don't panic, really. If you did develop it, the doctor would tell you want to do. They'd have numbers for local doctors at the campsite office.

belgo Fri 03-Jul-09 13:38:35

grin at Rhubarb. I wouldn't worry too much. The campsite would give you the number of a doctor if you are ill.

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 03-Jul-09 13:53:25

lol - I did wonder if it did happen if we'd end up with bucketfulls of suppositories grin

very rational both of you

Funny, not at all stressed about getting it at home though would have to be careful with dd and dhs asthma. But the thought of it camping without being able to get home.... silly, I know.

If the low numbers in france are a real reflection, they are really not going to be very impressed with hoards of potentially germy brits spreading it about grin

Rhubarb Fri 03-Jul-09 13:55:33

The French medical system is very good. Have you insurance?

This phrase might be useful:
"Je pense, je suis un couchon."

grin

Cammelia Fri 03-Jul-09 14:01:06

badkitten I'm sure that France would prefer you go on holiday and spend Euros there rather than you stay away

Elibean Fri 03-Jul-09 14:18:29

Lol at Rhubarb's cochon grin

She's right, the French medical system is great and I'd rather have flu there than here, in lots of ways. That said, of course you don't want to get ill when away from home - tis a very strong instinct to want to be home and feel safe when unwell, or with unwell LOs.

Hope it comes to nothing and you have a great, un-fluey holiday with cochons strictly confined to sliced salami variety.

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 03-Jul-09 14:24:00

grin
thanks all

We do have insurance (or will have when I've booked it!)

Statistically speaking it is rather unlikely for us to get it during those two weeks and even more unlikely that we will get it badly. Just having a moment wink

Rhubarb - doesn't that mean I think I'm asleep? I was thinking of a more dramatic staggering in through the doctors waiting area saying 'Je suis malade, je crois avoir la grippe' and the whole waiting room gasping in horror.

lolol!!!!!

Elibean Fri 03-Jul-09 14:30:41

Though 'couchon' could be a very dramatic mix....sort of, 'sleeping pig' or 'lying down porker' grin

Do let us know if you get to do the grand entrance thing, BadKitten!

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 03-Jul-09 14:38:26

grin I'm certainly not intending to!

Rhubarb Fri 03-Jul-09 14:39:07

I means, "I think I am a pig".

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 03-Jul-09 15:00:02

lol!!!

That would be most appropriate when ordering lots of food at restaurants.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now