Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Just how mild is mild? Swine Flu question

(8 Posts)
thirtypence Sun 21-Jun-09 22:07:21

I felt achy and tired yesterday and had periods of high temp.

Today I have nausea, bad guts, achy, tired and a cough, but temp is only slightly raised. I feel too unwell to go out and work, but fine to do self care things like make a cup of tea and shower (with a sit afterwards)

Ds is 6, fit as a fiddle.

Dh feels tired but says he is okay. He had moments in the weekend where he didn't feel okay.

I rang the doctor and they said just to stay at home and remove ds from school if he got ill. They are no longer giving Tamiflu, testing people etc.

But I may not even have Swine Flu - how are you supposed to know. I have always thought that flu made you so sick you couldn't be on Mumsnet for instance.

Ewe Sun 21-Jun-09 22:10:48

Oooh, I would like to know this too. Even though I am fine, just for future reference.

Ewe Sun 21-Jun-09 22:11:33

Hope you're feeling better soon btw, whatever it is you have got.

BCNS Sun 21-Jun-09 22:11:45

thirty..we've all felt like that for about a week.. ds1 is the only one who doesn't.. it's really on off.. is it swine flu?? who knows.. but it's not been bad enough really to even call the gp..

<is now wondering if I've been wandering about with a pig cold>

PacificDogwood Sun 21-Jun-09 22:15:26

Any proper flu as in influenza is a rather unpleasant illness.
Swine flu is NOT worse than "normal" seasonal flu (they are both caused by Influenca A, swine ful just gets the added "H1N1").
Just carry on with usual cold/flu remedies, rest, drink plenty, but get medical advice if you have trouble breathing or feel worse rather than better after about a week.

Hope you feel better soon.

thirtypence Sun 21-Jun-09 23:16:24

What about picking ds up from school - he goes to a school with a parent carpark - I could stay in the car if he came out to me. I could handle the trip once a day at the moment. Do you think that would be fine?

Elibean Mon 22-Jun-09 12:02:07

I would think staying in car would be ok.

Several friends nearby have had (confirmed) swine flu, and in most cases it was mild: temp of 38, headache, runs, aching limbs.

Other friends have had nasty flu, high temps for days, runs, feeling really ill - probably not swine flu, according to GP, more likely seasonal.

Either way, not sharing it around is good smile

thirtypence Mon 22-Jun-09 20:14:02

The head of music brought him home in the end. By 2.30pm I really did not feel well so I was glad. Dh will do it today.

MIL will not help because she is going on holiday in 3 weeks hmm to the UK

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now