Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I have a question about Swine Flu but don't feel the need to hassle NHS Direct

(5 Posts)
SecretSlattern Sat 20-Jun-09 22:13:29

My aunt works in a school which has, in the last week, been closed down after 3 confirmed cases of swine flu. One of those cases was her immediate boss.

Anyway, DS's birthday party was last Sunday and my aunt came to it (before the swine flu stuff at her school). She is now taking Tamiflu. I am concerned as DS was hospitalised for 2 weeks earlier this year with breathing related illnesses, he was in intensive care for a couple of days and I panic at every little snuffle he has. DD is also asthmatic and although I'm not sure if swine flu could upset it, I am a bit worried.

Am I overreacting? I suspect I am which is why I don't want to get on the phone to NHS Direct and waste their time when there are more deserving people out there iyswim?

MaureenMLove Sat 20-Jun-09 22:15:50

You know what? You have as much right as everyone else to NHS Direct. If you have concerns, however small, get on the phone to them. You clearly are concerned, because DS was very poorly before, so ring them. What's the worst they will do? Get on the phone. smile

corblimeymadam Sat 20-Jun-09 22:16:37

Message withdrawn

SecretSlattern Sat 20-Jun-09 22:17:33

Ah thanks smile. Thing is, he only has a very teeny, tiny snuffle and not one that would probably be recognised by anyone else blush. Neither of them are particularly unwell, I was just wondering if I should be a bit on my guard, so to speak.

corblimeymadam Sat 20-Jun-09 22:17:53

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now