Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Swine flu 2015!

(1 Post)
LL0015 Mon 05-Jan-15 14:48:55

So I've been very ill, it's shocked me quite how much the stuffing has been knocked out of me.

I saw an out of hours (very nice man) doctor, who after examining me thoroughly said there have been documented cases of Swine Flu in Essex recently.

Well I haven't been to Essex I said!
But later on I realised I had been to East London to a spa where germs were probably rife.

So I thought I would document my symptoms and see if anyone who has had Swine Flu had similar.

Started with aches and a low temperature. Next day I could cope on full paracetemal and ibuprofen doses until evening when I sank into bed with a temp of 38.

Tuesday shivery and achey, made it to doctor and back to bed where I stayed until Sat. I couldn't look after children. But it was ok passing time with TV or radio and someone to put drinks and meals in front of me. But I wouldn't have bothered for myself.

Sat morning, woke with a all over headache very severe and was violently sick. Just the once.
I am now slowly shaking off the headache, two days later but have been able to get up, shower and make toast but it is absolutely killing me and I feel faint and have to sit down again. I am moving at snail pace, I don't have an ounce of energy and I still feel light headed and achey but they are not bothering me in comparison to how I was.

Family tell me I didn't speak for three days.
The actual feeling ill wasn't too bad. But this recovery after shock is terrible! I am fit healthy and bouncy usually!

So I wonder if anyone else has had this horrid little bug!
I got it straight after the cough and temperature virus so have been ill forever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now