Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Oh bollocks,dd has got flu and not been jabbed

(9 Posts)
Thingumy Sun 09-Jan-11 23:33:27

DD 15 -big girl,13 stone with asthma (brittle Type)

Didn't want to get the flu jab (yes ,we wanted her to have the jab!!) She's hot,sweating,aching,breathless..(no blue meds left,thanks for fucking telling me! but she's OK,not wheezing)

What can we do now? Given Paracetamol and told her to drink water,she's panicky but ok

Hopefully I can get a script for asthma meds in the morning.

<Panicky mother>

Clunge Sun 09-Jan-11 23:35:50

Just keep on with the paracetamol and make sure she drinks plenty of clear fluids and let it run it's course.

Thingumy Sun 09-Jan-11 23:39:31

Thanks Clunge.

DH said the same but I'm panicking because of her asthma even if she's not wheezy.

Bloody teens and not saying they need a new script! arghhh.

fannybaws Sun 09-Jan-11 23:40:04

If she is breathless you need to get her seen tonight particularly in view of her history. She will qualify for antivirsls which are proven to lessen serious episodes.

Thingumy Sun 09-Jan-11 23:42:58

She's breathless but not wheezy.

I think it's panic more than anything.

I know what wheezy is,no breath,can't talk etc.

Sorry,I think I'm panicking more than her.

lucybrad Mon 10-Jan-11 10:43:21

You should get her seen and request Tamiflu to lessen the effect of the bug. Your doctor will prescribe it.

Ghekogiddy Mon 10-Jan-11 12:21:39

You should get a script for her Salbutamol today, she could get wheezy as the bug progresses. You don't need to be completly out of breath to have wheeze, i still have bit of wheeze after catching flu for two weeks.

lucy101 Mon 10-Jan-11 12:28:16

I would second requesting Tamiflu at this point - and certainly getting her asthma meds today rather than waiting until tomorrow.

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 10-Jan-11 16:44:45

I agree and would phone OOH if you've not been able to sort out anything yet. dd had what we think was flu in the first round. Within just a few hours of the first little coughs her asthma had progressed to the point where she was no longer able to effecitvely take her easi-breathe inhaler.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: