Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Flu Vaccination - What are the names of them?

(4 Posts)
SammEC Sun 09-Jan-11 19:33:40

I am getting vaccinated against flu on Tuesday along with my ds and dd, my dd and I will be having the adult dose but my ds will be having the under 5s version, which I understand is called IMNUVAC? can anyone tell me the name of the vaccinations we should be receiving as I have been told by my father in law that one of them contains mercury, it is called pandermix or something! I am confused as to what we should be recieving?(confused)

Musukebba Mon 10-Jan-11 18:16:56

Imuvac (MASTA)

Summary product characteristics (SPC) doesn't list thiomersal:

http://www.medicines.org.uk/EMC/medicine/21148/SPC /Imuvac+2010+2011/

SammEC Mon 10-Jan-11 21:22:17

I can't get hold of this vaccine, and have been offered the pandernmix, for my 2 year old, better than nothing i thought!!!

What do you think?

dikkertjedap Tue 11-Jan-11 13:54:25

For under fives Immuvac or for four year plus Fluvirin. There might be others as well, but some have caused high fever and hence are not recommended for younger children. My dd had Fluvirin and did not have any side effects apart from big red mark on her leg for a few days (no fever) whereas last year, with the single swine flu jab (pandemrix) she had such high fever that she was not allowed the booster.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: