Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anywhere in Berkshire I can pay for flu jab? Doctor not offering it until 24th Jan!

(6 Posts)
BabyTank Fri 07-Jan-11 09:54:50

Does anyone know of any medical centres or private practices where I could pay to have a flu jab done? I live in Reading but would be willing to travel anywhere in Berkshire. I'm 34 weeks pregnant, have not been offered a flu jab by my doctors, and when I called today to have one ASAP they've told me they're not running a "flu clinic" until the 24th Jan, even for high risk patients!

After the recent stories of 2 woman dying weeks after childbirth from swine flu, and me being in contact with people who have flu (at work) I am really worried the nearer my due date I get!

OxfordBaby2010 Sat 08-Jan-11 11:30:02

Hi,

Can I also use this thread to ask about a place in Bicester or Oxon?

thanks.

BabyTank Sat 08-Jan-11 22:12:41

The walk-in centre in central Reading are giving these to "high risk" patients so I managed to get mine this morning, good luck in finding yours!
Some Boots stores are also offering these, not sure of cost though, but worth a try.

whomovedmychocolate Sat 08-Jan-11 22:22:59

There is a hospital in Oxford that is providing it to children privately, the Nuffield hospital - google it and email them.

Boots are offering it in Banbury and Oxford.

Tesco pharmacies in Reading had some on Thursday.

There is more stock being released to GP surgeries but it's last year's H1N1 only stock rather than multistrain flu.

thebonkers Mon 10-Jan-11 18:49:21

You can always try boots had one done on Monday not in the same area as you but presume this is nationwide
Hth

thebonkers Mon 10-Jan-11 18:49:51

X posts

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: