Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DH is ill with flu - am worried about him

(7 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Fri 24-Dec-10 07:32:08

I'm not normally a worrier but this is the third day of him been unable to get out of bed. I haven't rung the Dr as they can't do anything, but its scary when you read about people being admitted to Intensive Care/dying from this. At what point do you seek medical help?

He has a very high temp, is shaking and sweating. Bed is soaked through from him sweating so much. He can't walk, just crawls along the floor to the loo. Hasn't eaten for 3 days but is drinking and taking paracetamol. Has a bad cough and headache and general muscle aches.

DD has it as well but doesn't seem as bad, she's managing to watch tv on the sofa during the day. She has a temp and a cough and is sweaty, also being sick.

I've got to go to work today.

PressureDrop Fri 24-Dec-10 07:33:39

I think you may have to take the day off and get him to A&E. If he cannot physically walk and has a very high temp, he may well be dehydrated and need proper medical attention.

Hope he is better soon x

FlightoftheCrimbleTree Fri 24-Dec-10 07:47:21

I would second that - you cannot leave them, who will care for dd? Your husband clearly can't.
Work will have to understand. It would be dangerous to leave them.

I think you should call the doctor - out of hours - and get them to come out to him, it sounds like he might need proper medical attention.

So sorry you're going through this.

ABudafulSightWereHappyTonight Fri 24-Dec-10 07:55:47

I think you call for medical attention now. Three days of this is too much.

Agree that you cannot go to work today. Your DH is in no fit state to look after your DD. And if she is ill she (1) probably wants you around to (2) you need to be around in case either of them deteriorates.

FlightoftheCrimbleTree Fri 24-Dec-10 07:58:36

Yes, even if dd is managing, she won't be in a fit state to care for your DH if he gets worse.

VivaLeBeaver Fri 24-Dec-10 07:59:05

ok, thanks. Will do. Drs opens at 8:00 so will ring them.

FlightoftheCrimbleTree Fri 24-Dec-10 08:00:11

Good luck, hope this is the worst bit over with x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now