Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does the swine flu jab always make you feel rotten?

(12 Posts)
maltesers Thu 16-Dec-10 18:12:33

My DD has just had the jab. . she is 20 yrs old BTW. . .is she just imagining it (cos she knows she has just had the jab) or can it make you feel flu like??

ReshapeWhileDamp Fri 17-Dec-10 04:06:16

Dunno, but forcing myself to have it at the almost-too-late point of 39 weeks pregnant and would really like to know too! grin

AnyFuleSno Fri 17-Dec-10 07:39:42

I had it and felt terrible for a couple of days, mild fluey symptoms, and a very sore arm! Don't let itput you off though.

SwearyMary Fri 17-Dec-10 07:42:31

I just had a very sore arm and no physical symptoms. AFAIK you cannot get fluey symptoms from the vaccine because its not live.

reup Fri 17-Dec-10 07:58:00

I felt fine after mine and so did my sil. My brother was quite I'll and he's not usually a manflu type,

reup Fri 17-Dec-10 07:58:52

Ill not I'll. Irritating itouch

verytellytubby Fri 17-Dec-10 11:07:32

I was fine. Sore arm.

shefliesthrutheair Fri 17-Dec-10 13:38:09

I just had a sore arm for 3 days.

However it is possible to get flu-like symptoms afterwards, but only because your immune system is reacting to the virus and producing anitbodies, not because you have flu...

TinselinaBumSquash Fri 17-Dec-10 13:38:57

Me and DS1 had it and had no side effects.

bubbleymummy Fri 17-Dec-10 17:51:15

My aunt had terrible flu-like symptoms after hers last year. SHe was in bed for a week. she didn't bother this year.

ReshapeWhileDamp Fri 17-Dec-10 18:36:25

Just had it done and the nurse said I might feel like I have a bit of a cold for a couple of days, maybe not. Also sore arm. It's not bad yet though. Hope it won't get too sore as am very preganant and I only have two sides to sleep on! grin

orestyemerrywombat Fri 17-Dec-10 18:58:11

Had it this morning so I'll let you know! The nurse said the same thing to me as Reshape was told.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now